Divorced parents have an incredibly hard job raising kids today. People who couldn’t get along while married usually can’t get along when divorced either. Here are some really good guidelines divorced parents can follow…for the kid’s sake.
The Ten Rules for Dealing With Ex-Spouses
1. Put the children before your feelings.
2. Reach out for help if you need it.
3. No downing your ex. No matter what.
4. Biological parents make the rules; Step-parents uphold them.
5. Don’t use the kids as weapons against your ex.
6. Don’t hold grudges.
7. Try to put yourself in the other persons shows when problem solving.
8. Be honest and straightforward.
9. Respect each other’s homes.
10. Compromise whenever possible.